TransCielos was founded in 2004 by Dr. Gerhard Bartsch, who worked as tour guide since 1987, later as product- and contracting-manager for several German tour operators and tourism companies. He gained his country knowledge on numerous backpacking trips through Latin America, research-projects, study tours, inspection- and contracting-trips to Asia and the islands of the Indian Ocean.
TransCielos supports destination management companies (DMCs) from Asia, the Indian Ocean, Latin America and the Caucasus region in their marketing- and promotion-activities on the German-speaking tourism market and in Eastern Europe. Professional support and advice for tour operators always have highest priority. Training of sales- and call -center staff is also part of the services of TransCielos, as well as the organization of roadshows and inspection-trips to all destinations of the TransCielos-portfolio.
TransCielos has a wide range of promotional material from all incoming-agencies (agency-folders, maps, itineraries, photo-CDs etc.) that can be requested by tour operators. The development of new, innovative itineraries for round trips, active holidays, trekking tours, events and incentive-trips are another focus of TransCielos. The support of the tour operators during the brochure-production period is self-explanatory. Nevertheless the cooperation and communication between the tour operators and the incoming-agencies should always be direct.
- Target area specific product presentation
- Target group specific advice and product recommendations
- Development of innovative travel programs
- Support in product planning, purchasing and implementation
- Product-specific training of sales staff
- Organization of marketing and sales promotion activities
- Participation in workshops and roadshows
- Target area presentations for travel agencies and end customers
- Organization and realization of Famtrips
- Guide training in tourist destinations
- Cooperation with the tourist offices of the destinations
agencies by region